Mother Nature has once again blanketed us with an obscene amount of snow. (Seriously, WTF?) Make the best of it by turning the cleanest patch you can find into a frosty alcoholic treat.
DIY Adult Beverage Sno-Cones
What you’ll need:
- freshly fallen snow of the powder variety
- ice cream scooper
- disposable cups, preferably cone-shaped paper ones (but any a keg-party leftover will do)
- 2-3 oz. liqueur of choice (St-Germain is bright and tropical, or try Heering’s cherry or Rothman & Winter’s orchard apricot)
1. Find clean patch of snow.
2. Place 2-3 scoops of fluffy snow into cup.
3. Drizzle snow with liqueur of choice to taste.
4. Enjoy midstorm, immediately thereafter, or until the godforsaken stuff melts.
St-Germain and Rothman & Winter liqueurs available at Brix Wine Shop, 1284 Washington Street, South End (617-542-2749); Heering liqueur available at Federal Wine & Spirits, 29 State Street, Downtown (617-367-8605).